We are committed to honesty in our reviews. Rest assured that a free book in no way affects our commitment to honesty in our reviews. If we love it, you’ll know. If we hate it, you’ll know. If you’d like to see examples, [loved it] and [disliked it].
For Publishers & Authors
We recognize that books are an extension of their author’s soul and we would love to be able to accept every book for review. However, at this time (06/01/17), we are do not accept every book query we receive.
SPOTLIGHT PACKAGES: These books will DEFINITELY be reviewed as long as the book is on our genre list (or if you email us beforehand and make sure the genre is approved even though it’s not on the genre list, sometimes we’ll review something not on our genre list but you MUST email us beforehand).
OTHER: Without paying for a spotlight package, then even if your book is ON the genre list, we still reserve the right to decline to review the book (especially if we already have a lot of books to review).
We WILL let you know right away though.
Many of these genres/subgenres probably overlap but I wanted to include everything we might be interested in although it doesn’t actually take into account the blurb itself. It only takes into account the genre/subgenre.
Depending on the plot, we do accept queries for M/M and F/F books.
HF = Historical Fiction
HR = Historical Romance
R = Romance
HR – cleopatra
HR – england
HR – helen of troy
HR – mary, queen of scots
HR – civil war
HR – colonial united states
HR – egypt
HR – elizabethan england
HR – native american
HR – pirate
HR – tudor england
HR – viking
HR – western
R – dystopian
R – erotic
R – fantasy [no high-fantasy unless there is a lot of romance in it]
R – mythology
R – paranormal
R – young adult
R – humorous
R – sci-fi
R – space opera
R – steampunk
R – time travel
In your query email, please include (copy and paste the info below and fill it out). We will get back to you within SEVEN days.
Send to email@example.com / Subject Line: DDA – Title Of Book – Pen Name
Excerpt (no longer than a chapter):
Put a Y need to the following statements to let us know you mean yes (or understand), or a N to mean no and a number where the #’s are.
- ___ I am attaching a free copy of my book to be reviewed for Dynamic Duo Anthologies website.
- ___ Dynamic Duo Anthologies may use the free copy # amount of times as a promotional book in future giveaways on the Dynamic Duo Anthologies website.
- ___ I understand that otherwise than stated above and what is allowed Dynamic Duo Anthologies, we will never use our free copy otherwise (never give it away, pirate it, etc etc).
Also, if you have a promotional image, please attach it to the email, thanks. And attach a copy of your book in either epub or mobi format.
- Other – within 6 months
- Spotlight (mini packages) – within 5 months
- Spotlight (full packages) – within 4 months
- Faster – within 3 months
- Quote Inside Book – within 1 month
What’s Expected In Return For Review
- a free copy of the book to review with (either paperback or electronic though we prefer electronic versions whenever possible)
- 1-3 free copies of the book to use in future giveaways on the site (can be as little as one) (electronic is fine)
- Cover – between 1 and 10 (highest)
- Characters – between 1 and 10 (highest)
- Relationships – between 1 and 10 (highest)
- Plot – between 1 and 10 (highest)
- Overall View Of Book – between 1 and 10 (highest)
Then all 5 categories are combined for one score between 1 and 10 (highest).
Where We Post The Review(s)
When we’re done the review, we post it at the following places;
- Dynamic Duo Anthologies: Reviews
- Facebook (2 accounts + 1 page)
- Instagram (1 account)
- Pinterest (1 account)
- Twitter (2 accounts)
Our Official (and Boring) Review Policy
This policy is valid from June 01, 2017 onwards.
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. We also accept and keep free books from publishers or authors.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on books given for review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. We will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our opinion, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a book should be verified by the publisher or author.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/